In accordance with the mission of the Fraunhofer Society, the Water Systems Alliance carries out research and development work in all fields pertaining to water, including:
The development of new, innovative, efficient
- process technologies for water and wastewater purification together with the relevant measurement and control technology
- technologies for the operation, monitoring and sanitation of water supply and sewage systems.
In addition, the Fraunhofer Water Systems Alliance is constantly improving the
- application and integration of innovative technological components in holistic and sustainable master plans
- adaptation of water infrastructure systems to specific local conditions
- realization of complete water infrastructure systems.